To truly have church the way those in the New Testament did, the following would need to be true:
- I can't use my guitar for worship- even the acoustic one.
- I can't use my TNIV Bible, or even an ESV, NIV, NLT, or even a KJV. Well, maybe a KJV.
- I can't sing any of the songs that I know - even Amazing Grace.
- Obviously Power Point & Media Shout aren't necessary then - but regardless, I couldn't use them anyway.
- I couldn't use my car.
- Would need to delete my email, blog, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
- Any books that I have now on ANY subject matter would have to be ditched simply because they are bound books.
- And I'd have to tell most of the people that I know that they can't come to my church because I can't fit them in my house.
I want a 21st century church!
Let me clarify, I want a 21st century church built on New Testament principles. That distinction needs to be made. Little harder to discipher because we have to actually study and learn what God is telling us about this beautiful thing He came up with called the Church - but I think that is better than just reading and mimicking without really understanding what is being said.
Like I said, still chewing on this. Any thoughts?