Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Mom

Today is my mom's birthday.

When I was in high school my mom rarely missed a soccer or basketball game.  She was always there, usually with Greg's mom, cheering us on; cringing worriedly if I was being overly aggressive, on the field if I was hurt, clapping and yelling when I would score a goal.

She has always cheered me on.

As a husband, as a parent, as a teacher, as a pastor, as just plain old Bobby...I know she is always supporting me, is always available for help,  is always, still, cheering me on.

From my mom I've learned to work hard.
From my mom I've learned how to make to-do lists.
From my mom I've learned to love family.
From my mom I've learned to be resilient. 
From my mom I've learned to sacrifice.
From my mom I've learned to do my best.

Today is my mom's birthday.

I am thankful for her beyond what words can express, and I love her immensely.  I would not be who I am today if not for her love, support, & sacrifice.

Happy Birthday mom!  I love you!

No comments: