Saturday, January 08, 2011

"I want to be holded"

We were eating dinner last night when Baylee told us that she doesn't want to turn five next December.

"I want to skip five and not get big."

We both gave out little laughs, "Everyone gets big Baylee."

"Not me, I want to stay like this." It was a proud declaration.

The parents play along, "Well, why don't you want to get bigger?"

She looks each of us in the eye, "Because if I'm big you won't be able to hold me. I want to be holded."

Jeannette: "I think I'm gonna cry Baylee."

Me: "Baylee, you could probably ask me for whatever you want right now and you'd get it. New car?"


It is inevitable that we all grow up.  But true faith is doing so without losing the desire to be holded by Him.

And He'll always hold you.

Always.

Always and always.

We forget that though.  That He wants to hold us.  I know that I do.  I think I forgot that more in 2010 than any other time in my life.

But Baylee reminded me last night of the truth.  "I want to be holded."

We will all grow up, but we can always grow young.


No comments: