Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Learning perspective from a 4yr old

Walking the Ocean City NJ boardwalk, Baylee and I were headed toward Wonderland at the north end of the dock. It's a kid's amusement type place. A local I'd met earlier in the day told me about it, but also said they thought it might be closed (does that even count as giving help to someone)?


Sure enough, as we walked up it was pretty evident the place was a ghost park. I didn't know if it was closed for the season, permanently, or for just a few hours. Based on how it looked though, my assumption at the time was the owner had thrown in the towel (Have sense learned it's closed for the season).

We kept walking along the closed gates. The building was designed like a castle, so Baylee was happy just seeing the flags and the fake dragon on the roof. Coming up to what looked to possibly be the main gate, I said to Baylee, "Let's go see if the sign says this place is closed."

She replies with, "Yeah, let's go see if the sign doesn't say this place is closed." 

And that simple response my friends was my daughter teaching me outlook adjustment. 

No wonder this kid smiles all the time. She looks at the world that way.


And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:2-4

No comments: