Saturday, April 04, 2009

Decodifying God & Manhood

I saw this video on Thursday on the website SoulPancake that really moved me. It's a video of the poet Anis Mojgani performing live. Had never heard of him before, but that takes nothing from the performance. I can't embed it here, so you'll have to CLICK HERE if you want to see it.

It really moved me because of its themes of finding God, trying to figure out what it means to be a man, and how those pursuits work in turn with where I am now in my early 30's and where Baylee is in life at 2.

"I'm looking for God and trying to figure out a little better this thing he called a man."

A pulsating rhythm in my mind these last two days that has been connected to various moments from the week (Sticky conference, "blessing" conversation in class on Thursday, moments in quiet) is the depth of life and living it in constant craving and searching for God and being in an ever present awareness of what that pursuit means for who I am.

Maybe you won't connect with this video. I did though. I still am.

Just a warning - he does drop an F-bomb once. That might offend someone. He also says masturbate twice. Some might be offended by such references, but...you probably wouldn't appreciate the video anyways then. But...that's subject matter for a future post.

"Slow down and hold what you see just a little while longer..."

No comments: