Sunday, April 05, 2009

Eric & Kathy...I don't get it

If you live in the Chicagoland area you've probably seen the Eric & Kathy (from 101.9) billboards around. Last year I thought their marketing idea was hilarious. They had various musical artists on one side of the billboard and then they would mimic their look on the other side. Green Day, U2, Gwen Stefani...they were really quite funny. Now the billboards are just them wearing winter coats and hats, while posing in various ways. One has Kathy like breathing on Eric's neck or about to bite his ear - complete weirdness. They're just kinda dumb and odd. I was driving home from church today down I-57 when I saw them again, thinking, "just doesn't make sense." I'm all for a funny commercial/billboard - and these are a let down, especially when the other concept was so hilarious.

I still think the Magic Fridge commercial from two years ago is hilarious, and the Sprint Crime Deterent commercial is also quite funny. Probably one of my favorites.

What's your favorite commercial/billboard?

No comments: