Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Maybe you're the one who needed to read this today

This morning I needed to read this.  Maybe you need to as well:

Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! 
My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. 
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: 
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; 
his mercies never come to an end; 
they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." 
Lamentations 3:19-24


Yesterday you failed...today is new.
Yesterday you wanted to punch a wall...today is new.
Yesterday you were a jerk...today is new.
Yesterday you were lazy...today is new.
Yesterday you were ready to resign...today is new.
Yesterday you exploded...today is new.
Yesterday you procrastinated...today is new.
Yesterday you doubted...today is new.
Yesterday you were going through hell...today is new.
Yesterday is over...today is new.

Today is new.

His love for you and me...it never ceases.
His mercy for you and me...it never ceases.
It's forever and ever new.

Think about your junk and with it in your mind go back up and read that scripture again. (Read all of Lamentations 3 - it's amazing!)

And let it remind you...yesterday is over.

Today is new.

No comments: