Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week in Review #5

"Live from New York...it's my blog entry!!!" Sorry, that is incredibly cheesy, but I couldn't resist. This week's stuff:

  • Landed in NY on Thurs and will be here for work till next Sat. The good thing is that the fam is with me. I was at a conference during the day yesterday, so they spent the day at the Children Museum. In the evening Baylee & I went out to hit Time Square. She was sitting on my shoulders when we turned the corner from 38th St onto 7th Ave. When the lights came into view she said, "Whoa!!! Dad - look at all the lights!" 
  • Found out Friday morning that I earned Companion Status with Southwest Airlines. What this means is that now anytime I fly, Jeannette can go with me for free! We have this for the rest of 2011 and all of 2012. Incredibly excited about finally earning this. We can use points for the kid's flights, so they'll be able to go with me to more places beyond just Midwest stuff.
  • I will be saving up my penny's to get this iPhone case.
  • Still remember the day Jeannette said, "I don't care, you pick the movie." We went to see Napoleon Dynamite. Afterward, she wasn't necessarily the happiest wife on the planet. Me, my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.  So imagine my joy when I heard they are going to make a Napoleon cartoon!!!  I wonder if Jeannette will watch it with me.  =)
  • My friend Jeff shared this on Google+: Map Tunneling Tool. Find out what is on the other side of the planet from where you're standing. Basically, what would you find if you dug a tunnel through the earth to the other side? Chicagoans, we'd find water.
  • Very cool article on how a designer is helping people with his craft: Dyslexie, a typeface designed to help dyslexics read.
  • Read this article about NASA's next big plans now that the Space Shuttle program is over. It's really amazing to see them moving in this direction.
  • My blog posts from earlier in the week:
  • And the PIC OF THE WEEK. This was already posted to Facebook last night, but it'd be hard to find a better pic from this past week beyond this one:

No comments: