Saturday, July 09, 2011

Week in Review

This past week I was at the NACC conference in Cincinnati, and it was a non-stop experience. I started every morning at 8:30am and didn't get back to the hotel room until 10pm. Add to the craziness of the conference itself the fact that the internet signal in the convention hall was horrendous, there was pretty much no chance for blogging this week. So at home now, I blogger...
  • My fam went with me on this trip, so we did July 4th in Cincinnati. No offense Cincinnati, but Chicago's fireworks are WAY better. Well, everything about Chicago is, but we'll just focus on the fireworks right now. As we were walking back to the hotel we overheard a native say, "that was obviously the recession firework display. It was horrible this year compared to last." So you do have potential Cincinnati. Save up for next year.
  • Realized that I don't like Hyatt hotels. At all.
  • Was only able to blog one time last week. But it was about Springsteen, so that's OK: Born In The USA" was not written for July 4th.
  • Lego movie posters - very cool.
  • I spoke last week at New Life Lincoln Park on why we have the 10 Commandments. Tomorrow is on the 2nd commandment. There will be play-doh involved. 
  • Casey Anthony - didn't follow the trial, not a minute of it. Hence, wasn't balling my eyes out at the verdict. Yes, there will be a blog post next week about that.
  • Diptic. If you have an iPhone/iPad and take a lot of pictures, it is a sweet app. Makes a framed collage in just a few taps:
  • Got an invite for Google+. Haven't really been able to play around with it, but the concept looks really cool. 
  • Since I already shared a picture, we'll have a "Vid of the Week" this time around. I had to get a new piece of luggage for work, so Baylee and Jaxon are evaluating its usefulness for me:

No comments: