Lucky number 13. Here is:
- The ball is indeed rolling as far as stepping into things at New Life Lincoln Park. Had some really good breakfast/dinner meetings this week to discuss and plan various things. The ball was already rolling at the church, so I'm fortunate enough to be able to simply come in alongside those who have already been doing such a great job.
- Tuesday night after getting home from work we took the kids to the library. Upon getting home around 8:30pm, the kids went straight to take a bath before bed. When they got out they were allowed to watch one program on TV before calling it a night. While Dino Dan was being his normal annoying self, I was checking emails and the such. It was then that I got extremely tired. Like the air flying out of an untied balloon, I just deflated within a matter of minutes. So I closed up the MacBookPro, went and plopped down on the bed, and fell asleep. It was 9:15pm when I laid down. I can't remember the last time I went to sleep before 10pm, let alone 9:15pm. I felt embarrassed before night owl's everywhere. Nevertheless, I didn't wake up till 6:30am, giving me around 9 hours of sleep. Pretty amazing. Pretty abnormal for me, but still pretty amazing.
- Watched the Parks & Recreation and The Office season premieres. Both were very well written, very funny. Looking forward to a great long and hilarious season with Ron Swanson (funniest character on TV), and the new Office boss...(won't say it in case you were living under a rock this week).
- New iPhone is FINALLY being announced this Tuesday. Please Tim Cook - make it amazing and bring it quickly! Speaking of - here's a really good infographic talking about who will/won't probably upgrade.
- Rob Bell announced his departure from Mars Hill, the church he started. As usual, stupid comments on Twitter from people. Regardless, here are links:
- About his resignation
- Good post in response to a dumb tweet that was posted about him
- Apparently something he's working on from here on out
- Speaking of headline grabbing ministers, this is the DUMBEST thing I heard all week.
- Really, REALLY want go see the movie 50/50. If you go, tell me how it was.
- This week's posts:
- Give yourself permission today
- It's worth your time to check out these blogs
- Exciting new part of the Moss fam's journey
- Pray Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani doesn't get executed!
- How to not stress out about the new Facebook changes
- Pics of the week:
Playing wally-ball at Solheim at Moody Take a breather