Thursday, March 01, 2012

The Daydream Believer: Dec 30, 1945 - Feb 29, 2012

I have always been a Monkeys fan. Loved reruns of the show when I was little and have always loved their music. The Monkeys Greatest Hits isn't one of those CD's you listen to all of the time, but when you do bust it out it is guaranteed to produce loud volumes, big smiles, and sing-alongs by even the most untalented of voices (speaking of myself).

So finding out that Davy Jones passed away yesterday was a sad blow to cherished memories. I can't think of him or The Monkeys without starting to hum this song...


The end of this was always my favorite, when they all battled over who would stand in front. 

This week indeed is an appropriate time to crank up "Last Train to Clarksville" and "Pleasant Valley Sunday." Appreciate this artist and all of the great enjoyable times he contributed to over the years.

No comments: