Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Praying with Baylee at the flag pole

See You At The Pole is a national day of prayer that started while I was in high school. On the third Wednesday of September the flag pole becomes a rally point for students all over the country to gather together to pray for their families, friends, schools, and country. 

Today Baylee and I gathered at the pole before she went in to class. Trying to explain it to a five year old I said, "We can talk to God any time we want, but today is a special day because while we are praying here there are people all over the city praying by their school flag poles. Remember when we went to New York and San Francisco and Orlando? There are kids praying at their schools there too."

"What are they praying about?" 

"They're asking God to help their schools, and to be with their family and friends. Do you want to pray to?"

"Yes! Dear God - please please help my school! Amen!"

Then she looks up at me, "Like that? Was that a good prayer?"

"That was a spectacular prayer Baylee!" 

I sat her in my lap and thanked God for her and for her mommy and brother. I asked God to protect her at school. To help her to learn well. That she would have a lot of fun. That she would be a great leader and a great helper. And that He would bless Mrs Larose and the rest of the teachers.

After I said Amen she looked at me again and smiling said, "Thanks dad"

Trusting Him to answer. 


If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments: