Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Like a firework from the air

No chance on starting the year off on a restful note, I had to fly out of town for work this afternoon. Two and half hours later, while on the landing approach coming into Houston I happened to look out my window to see a single firework being shot off. 

It was a professional job, clearly not something bought at a roadside shop. Then again, I am in Texas right now so it's not to say that some cowboy out there didn't have a pro size rocket to blast off. The explosion was blue with a yellow middle. At ground level I'm sure it looked like a huge burst, but from my perspective's altitude it looked like a soap bubble rising above still water in a bathtub. It hung there for just a second and then...pop.

This brought a smile because I've always wondered what fireworks would look like from the air. Of course I kept my eye on the area where it said hello, but no other came. It was there for just a moment and then...pop.

And in the quiet, while still waiting for another, the thought came to me, "That's how this next year will be."


Here just for a moment and then...pop.
 

Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil. James 4:13-16

No comments: