Sunday, September 04, 2011

37x's around the sun

If you would have told me on my 17th birthday what my life would be like today and all that I'd have gone through, I probably wouldn't have believed you. Not at all. Maybe even laughed a bit.

If you would have told me a year ago what my life would be like today, I might have believed. Maybe not. But I would have wanted to. Probably wouldn't have laughed.  

Regardless, I have nothing to complain about. Nothing. And I wouldn't change anything from my life, other than maybe my own stupid mistakes or bad decisions. 

I am a blessed man. My wife, my kids, my family, my friends, my church, my job, my God - who am I to look up and utter anything other than a humble and inadequate, "Thank you!"

Normally for my birthday I'd like getting a bunch of people together. And I admit it, I'm a present person. No shame. But this time around I just wanted to be low key and spend time with Jeannette and the kids. After a hectic and crazy summer, just a day to wander around the city is what I needed. And that's what I got. It was a fantastic day, incredibly fun.

Here are some of the pics and a vid from my birthday:

  

 
This is my birthday present from Baylee. So I can wear it when we play the game together.

About 3 seconds before I got tackled

Double trouble

3 seconds before a double tackle

Jaxon in the lead

Jaxon thought the bean was the coolest thing ever.

True story: Baylee picked up her brother, the guy threw the ball, Jaxon caught it while being held up.

This dude let Jaxon play catch with him & his kids. Jaxon showed them all up.

Jazz Fest

That silhouette in the middle of the pic is Jeannette climbing over the fence to stop Jaxon from jumping in


Pretty smile

Picking flowers for mom

Jaxon! Stop and take a picture!

Follow the psychedelic road

Strike a pose



Follow the leader

No comments: