Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Top and favorite posts from 2011

Last year I posted 122x's in this blog, or a third of the year. Looking back over the 2011 entries, I've compiled a list of the top posts. Some of these are on the list because they were visited a huge number of times, some are on the list for the simple fact they were my favorites:
My goal is to blog more in 2012, at least 4-5 times a week. Why? Because this is a huge help to me. This morning I reread this old post from when I first started really getting into doing this:

T-shirt I bought around the time I started blogging.
It's a good reminder of perspective. =)
I had a conversation with a friend last night about blogging - the main point being, "Why do it?" The repeated phrase that we shared was, "processing life." Hence, the renaming of this blog. As I read books, watch movies, experience things with my family and friends, or whatever - I'm going to try and process it here as much as I can, should.
 
Most people I've met who blog fall into one of three categories
1. They think the entire world reads their blog.
2. They think no one reads their blog.
3. Starting out within either #1 or #2 they quickly forget that they have a blog.

I know those are huge exaggerations. Just the same, my goal is to avoid #'s 1 and 3 and just write as if #2 is true.

If someone decides to check back here periodically to read what I write...well, it's your internet bill.


But if you do decide to check back here, I hope it is an encouragement to you. 

Give me some feedback on things. What things that I write about do you enjoy most or are most helpful to you?

If you want to keep up to date with my blog, the easiest thing to do it click above on "Get emailed when I update"

Thanks!  

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh, that Chesterton quote is brilliant. Thanks for reposting all these so I could review, Bobby!