One of the most important things for someone who loves Jesus to be engrossed in is the Bible. Not to merely read it but to study it, learn it, and live out its message. That type of study takes time, work, and resources. For the last 10+ years the best tool I've found and used for my own study is Logos Bible Software. It is the most amazing resource that actually saves me time and makes the work of studying fun and easy.
I'm incredibly pumped about a new resource that Logos has recently released, a brand new study Bible called Faithlife. There really isn't anything else out there like it and it has the potential of empowering the church for Bible study like never before. Check out this short video that gives an overview:
Faithlife is phenomenal! I've been using Faithlife as my primary Bible for a month now and I am blown away on how much information is packed into the study resources: articles, devotionals, info-graphics, videos, images, and tons more! The I can highlight and take notes to share with friends brings an amazing community element to Bible study that is crucial for us today.
It is fact and not my bias that makes me say that this is the coolest study Bible I've ever used.
And here's how you get Faithlife for FREE in five easy steps (it will be free till 2014):
- Go to http://faithlifebible.com
- In the middle of the page where it says to put in a coupon code, type in "free" and then click "Get it free"
- Fill out the information under "Create a new Logos/Faithlife account" and then click "register"
- Click "order" in the bottom right-hand corner
- Choose the appropriate blue box for either iPhone or Android (or go to biblia.com if you don't have one of those)
- Get an overview of the whole app - START HERE!
- Using the Navigation Panel
- Getting into the study notes
- Creating and sharing your own community notes
- Highlighting in Faithlife like you would a paper Bible
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15