Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week in review #10

It's hard to believe that summer is over, but I am indeed one who prefers the weather of fall. Such is life, and we keep rolling on... 
  • Season wise, the thing I hate dealing with over the next six months is how early things become dark. The thermometer plummeting doesn't bother me. It being as dark outside when I leave the office as when I got there is rough.
  • Happy birthday today to one of my best friends on the planet, Todd Hoffman. Todd is an amazing guy, Star Wars freak, superb gamer (though I can take him), constant encourager to me, and all around cool guy. Love and appreciate him!
  • Started running this week. Two miles each trip, and then walking a few blocks for a cool down. It's been really good. Now when I travel I have to make sure the hotel where I'm staying has a treadmill.
  • On Thursday I took Baylee to school. It's not the first time I've done this, but for some reason it really hit me hard. We were the first ones there, so we were talking and goofing as she sat on my lap. The simplest moment was incredibly special, and I just didn't want to walk away. It's only a prelude of things to come, I get that. But it was a difficult emotional load to carry for the rest of the day.
  • Things seem a little different this year with 9/11, which is odd as it is the 10th anniversary. Last year it seemed like people were thinking about it and feeling it days beforehand. Seems somewhat quiet now.
  • If I didn't use pictures of my kids as my laptop background, I'd use something from this site: Simple Desktop. The pong image is the best. 
  • I don't care for hip hop. There I said it. And I feel better.
  • Saw this on a friend's blog and I resonate with him when he said "seeing this image made my day" -  Calvin and Hobbes revisited.
  • VERY interesting article about the film industry (warning, there's some foul language): 6 Things the Film Industry Doesn't Want You To know
  • Posts from this week:
  • Pics of the week:
  • Banana buddies

    Baylee wanted us to see her locker at school

No comments: