Highlights from the week:
- Sunday night at church we kicked off the new year with a communion celebration. Usually when you think Communion you think a thimble of juice and a small cracker. This wasn't enough for us, we had a Lord's SUPPER. The almost 90 people present all gathered around tables for a full meal, sharing, and testimony. We took communion together around the tables and then ended the night with worship. It was really phenomenal, the type of "church fam" time we'll do again and again.
- Monday morning the Moss' took off at 6am from Midway, heading to DC for a conference that I had for work. Tues-Thurs were long days for me, through which Jeannette & the kids furthered their progression of finding a Chuck E Cheese in every major city. While they were out exploring or chilling in the hotel room, I was stuck behind an exhibit table. It was a long yet good week. We did have some good times through the week:
- Ate at Noodles & Co for the first time ever and LOVED it!
- Our kids singing and dancing to the music from the Rio movie makes us smile and laugh every time.
- One night after I was done with work we drove around the memorials, taking turns getting out to look at monuments while the other stayed in the car with the sleeping kids. This was probably my favorite part of the week.
- Friday we had for the most part a whole afternoon to ourselves and spent it walking around the capital building and national mall. Times like these are really special moments for our family - just walking, laughing, exploring, and being together.
- It was on the late night excursion that we saw the new MLK monument. AMAZING! A really powerful work - the artist did a breathtaking job.
Cool finds & stuff:
- Loved this vid of Zooey Deschanel & Jospeh Gordon Levitt singing "What are you doing New Year's Eve"
- Found a sweet site for free audio books: HERE
- Photographer combines Star Wars images with Urban landscapes - incredible shots!
- The Hobbit Trailer (needs no other comment)
Posts from this last week:
- A New Year's Benediction
- Top and favorite posts from 2011
- And the 61 books I read last year were...
- Out of 61 books, these were my top reads from 2011
- Hearing God: Living attentive to the God who speaks
|Baylee trying to relive her New York pic from the summer =)|
|Climbed up there by himself: impressive|
His face: priceless